Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bets are on!

Javi left a comment saying that he bets I can't run the marathon in 3 hours and 45 minutes.  So, how much is that bet?  For every one minute I get below 3.45 I get 7 euros from you?  I encourage people to make these types of bets because it gives me incentive to train harder, and makes it a bit competitive which I always like.

Training is going well.  I've been keeping up with my workout schedule this week and plan on going for a five mile run today, which I better do soon because I'm planning on going to the cata del vinos today.  Cata del vinos (wine tasting) is a neat festival event in Córdoba where you pay an entrance fee of 7 euros, and in return they give you a wine glass and enough tickets for five glasses of wine or a whole bottle of your choice.  There is a wide selection of wines that are new to me, such as finos and vino dulces (sweet wines).  I like the sweet wine, but the finos smell too much like paté to me.  There are also tents that sell delicious food like cochifrito (fried pork) and jamón serano.  I better go run, because I don´t imagine I´ll want to run drunk and full even if it´s only five miles.  Today is the short run because tomorrow I'm going to run 17 miles.  I would tell you how fast I complete those 17 miles but inside betting is illegal!

Future plans for the blog:
 I intend to keep this blog going after the marathon while I am working in Guatemala so that you can all read and see where your generous donations are going!

Paco has does some investigating and found that the Córdoba airplane was 300,000 Euros! Check our some of the videos of the airplane and news article here.     

I would like to thank Nancy for sending me the blog post.  That was very kind of her.  Safe travels Nancy!

No comments: