Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meeting a running partner

The other week I was at the park with the dog letting him do his things before we began to run when I started talking to an acquaintance, Pedro.  He began by asking me about running and I mentioned that I´m training to run a marathon.  Turns out he has ran quite a few marathons and asked if I wanted to join him and his friend the following morning.  Last week I ran with them three times.  It was nice because they showed me other routes I can take around the city, and I realized how nice it was running early in the morning because there was hardly any traffic.  I need to remember to take some pictures because some of the scenery was really nice as we cross the river. 

He told me about a race in Ronda, Spain where he ran/walked a 100 Km race!  That´s 62.5 miles!  He told me it was a bit ridiculous and that when he finished his feet were just one big blister.  I don´t think you could donate enough money for me to do that!

No comments: