Saturday, May 19, 2012

Consequences of Training

I'm not a doctor but I don't think marathons are the healthiest thing you can be doing for your body.  After my long run what hurt most were my joins and my feet.  I know running on the sidewalk is probably the worst for my joints, unfortunately I don't have much of a choice, but when there is grass lining the sidewalk I run on that instead.  Still, it doesn't completely prevent joint pain. 

I can't believe it's already May 19th.  That means we have to move out of our flat within a week and a half, and a few days after that drive north to Bilbao for the marathon.  Yesterday we made reservations for a place to stay.  We are going to start the twelve hour drive to Bilbao Thursday night and start driving back Sunday afternoon when I finish with the marathon.  Barak will be coming along for the ride as well, but will be sleeping in the car. 

I've been told the first three objectives when I get to Guatemala.  First we need to find a place for me to live that is also be suitable for our office.   I will be meeting with our local connections, and most exciting, I'll be building home #3 within the first week of arrival!  This blog will continue as GHA's blog where you can follow our projects and experiences!  Maybe it will encourage you to come volunteer and build a home : ) 

I want to start translating this blog into Spanish.  If anyone is interested in helping me out with this please write me an email with your expressed interest!  



1 comment:

Canario said...

Tom, soy Paco Rojas de Trilingua, no me importaría ayudarte a traducir al español el blog, de este modo puedo practicar con mi inglés...¡stay in touch via email!

Paco