Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Downhill from here!!!

I woke up this morning at 4:45 and was out the door running by 4:50.  It's the first time I've run so early in the morning and I think I'm going do it more often.  It was so quiet and peaceful that I wasn't listening to music until cars started to be on the road around 6:45.  The moon was out, the birds where chirping, and there wasn't anyone on the sidewalk I had to dodge.  Another benefit is I never run with my shirt off because I kinda feel like a douche, (no offense to anyone who does) but I did this time until people were on the streets.  The cool 61 degrees with my shirt off felt amazing compared to the 95 degree mid day temperature with my shirt on.   
One thing that was annoying is it was still early enough that when I crossed the bridge there were bats flying all over the place eating their final meal before they went to bed.  It made me a bit nervous running with bats flying past my head every two seconds. 
I ran the furthest that my training schedule requires of me until the marathon, 20 miles!  It's downhill from here baby!  I felt a lot better afterwards in comparison to my 18 miles run.  Reasons I believe why: yesterday I drank A LOT of water, for dinner I ate a big plate of, ok this is going to sound weird, garbanzo beans sauteed in A LOT of olive oil with onions, garlic, scrambled egg, and curry powder.
A convenient thing about running in Cordoba is all the water fountains sparsely placed around the city.  I don't have to worry about carrying any water with me!
Check out some of the new pics I posted!!!  




1 comment:

Canario said...

Good run Tom, it sounds Great!