Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Toys and my Longest Run EVER

I got a new toy!  It's a Garmin Forerunner 405 CX.  This watch tracks my time, heart rate, but most importantly it has GPS capabilities and tells me how far I've ran.  It tells me things that are disappointing to know like what  I thought was a seven mile loop was really a 6.6 miles loop, thus during my long runs I've been off .8 miles.  It syncs wireless to  my computer and upload the data and then the online program spits out a graph plotting all my stats and also a map of where I ran.  It also tells me my elevation which is interesting when I look at how it has affected my speed.  Thanks uncle!

I ran 18 miles on Monday and in all honesty I felt pretty miserable.  I think it could be due to the course I ran (part of it had a lot of hills) and the prior four days of over eating and drinking with relatives who came to visit from Washington (not complaining one bit). Once my watch said 18 miles I just went straight to the ground to stop the burning, unfortunately to no avail.  I stretched well and then went to shower.  Rocio came in the bathroom and found me in the fetal position holding the shower head over me with one hand.  She laughed while I was telling her to be quite and that I was in pain.  No sympathy what so ever.

After the shower we went out to dinner with my aunt and uncle and their friends who were in town.  The glass of wine eased the pain and at least for the time that I was sitting I had forgotten about the lactic acid in my legs.  Today was my first run since the long run on Monday.  A quick five miles. I'm feelin pretty good now...  I'll be ready to run 20!!!! 


1 comment:

KrisAnn said...

What a great watch! I hope it tells time too. lol. So glad to have found your fb and blog. Can't wait to see more pictures too. ~KrisAnn