Sunday, May 13, 2012

Movin along

I need to make some adjustments to GHA's description.  First adjustment is that the last house actually cost a little shy of $2,300, not $3,000.  Description of the last home built: Apolonia's new home has 2 rooms. It provides much more protection against the elements than their older home. A nice cement floor, more than just a convenience, it reduces parasites and anemia. A locking door, and 3 windows, one overlooking the beautiful Lago de Atitlan. GHA worked along with the family!  This description came from facebook, so I encourage everyone to follow GHA by clicking here. I hope we're not installing those doors that lock automatically.  I don't like that my door locks without me locking it.  A couple weeks ago I had to ask my neighbors if they would let me on their balcony so that I could climb over to mine because I locked myself out, for the second time.  I'm sure a locksmith in Guatemala would charge quite a bit to hike out to their home....     
I've encountered a problem...  My dog is too big for any kennels I've found online and at the veterinarian hospital.  Technically he needs to be able to sit and not have his ears touch the top of the cage.  The vets. advice is that I'll be ok.  Besides that I'm looking for a bigger suitcase to carry my stuff to Guatemala.  I ran 12 miles on Friday, took the day off on Saturday, and I'm going to run 5 today.  The big 20 miles is tomorrow.  I'm not really looking forward to it to be honest, it's getting hot here now.  Tomorrow is suppose to get up to 95 degrees with a low of 71 degrees at 3 in the morning!  I'll let you know how it goes.  Or maybe I won't.  I may die from heat stroke.  So if I don't blog anything by next Wednesday you'll know what happened.   

No comments: